Road Closure UpdateJul 12, 2017
As predicted, weather conditions have impacted our freight network overnight. There are substantial delays within our network affecting the majority of the South Island and parts of the North Island.
- All units ex Christchurch into Central Otago have not travelled overnight. This is being reassessed this morning. All freight into Cromwell, Wanaka, Queenstown and Alexandra is delayed and deliveries expected today will be delayed by at least 24 hours.
- Snow has resulted in closures in Dunedin. No units have been able to travel south. All freight ex Canterbury into Invercargill has been delayed. Indications are it will be approximately midday before the road opens. All deliveries expected in Southland today will be delayed.
- All units ex Christchurch to the West Coast have not travelled. Arthurs Pass, Hanmer Springs, Springs Junction and Porters Pass highways are closed. All expected deliveries into Greymouth and Hokitika are delayed.
- Some units ex Christchurch to Nelson and Blenheim have not travelled. Hanmer Springs>Springs Junction (The Lewis Pass) is closed. Expected deliveries into Nelson and Marlborough are delayed.
- There are units in transit ex the North Island into Canterbury currently stopped at Springs Junction.
- The Lewis Pass / Alternate State Highway 1 is currently closed. This will impact on all freight in transit between the North and South Islands.
- Ferry Sailings have been cancelled as of today. We do not have an expected resumption of service at this stage.
- The Desert Road (central North Island) is currently closed due to an accident. This incident will further delay all units ex Auckland into the Lower North and South Island.
We expect this weather event will cause significant delays to linehaul and delivery timeframes over the coming days. The TIL team are working through the challenges these weather conditions have brought and are working to get your freight moving as and when we can.
We thank you for your patience as we work to restore our service while keeping both our team and your freight safe.
A further update will be sent this afternoon.
The TIL Freight Team« Return