Latest Weather UpdateJul 13, 2017
An update to current weather conditions impacting freight services in New Zealand.
- The weather has eased slightly and roads have re-opened in the South of Christchurch corridor and units have travelled.
- North of Christchurch corridor to Upper South Island regions roads are closed. This includes
- SH1 North – East Coast – Closed - Areas affected: Kaikoura, Blenheim.
- SH70 – Peketa to Waiau – Closed - Areas affected: Kaikoura.
- SH73 - Springfield to Arthurs Pass (Porters Pass) – Closed - Areas affected: Greymouth, Hokitika.
- SH7 – Hanmer Springs – Springs Junction (Lewis Pass) – Closed - Areas affected: Nelson, Blenheim, Greymouth, Hokitika.
- Please expect substantial delays to all deliveries in these areas.
- All Cook Strait ferry sailings are cancelled. Please expect substantial delays to all Inter Island freight services.
- There are numerous TIL Freight units in transit, currently unable to travel (awaiting re-opening of highways)
- At present, freight is not moving ex Auckland into the South Island. Our team are managing all Auckland pickup services in a limited capacity to ensure our warehouse levels don’t reach unmanageable levels.
- The Lower and Central North Island are currently experiencing the impact of the current weather situation restricting normal freight services.
- Our Wellington Depot will also be closed today (13.07.2017) due to weather conditions with no freight in or out.
Please refer www.tilfreight.kiwi/news for updates.
The TIL Freight Team « Return